Cookie

Caution

This article was published more than a year ago, there may have been developments.
Please take this into account.

Some years are depopulating within the icons for blog sharing 2.0. Risquotono rightly quite successful because in this way the webmaster has the opportunity to make more easily visible their own blog giving some possibilities, negate the prima, of the average user sharing. Among other things does not weigh down the page and icons are nice to look at.

In a nutshell, it is a small bar to the bottom article containing some of the icons for the most used services sharing the web 2.0 (I can see an example in this article at bottom of page). You acknowledge the service logo that he uses (facebook, twitter, stumble, etc..) and the process of sharing is immediate, we do not need intermediaries.

Since I started this blog on WordPress I have always made use of the plugin “SexyBookmarks” (later known as “Shareaholic“), a plugin that adds after the end of the article the above icons. I've always been happy with the operation of SexyBookmarks, until the plugin has not changed behavior. Upgrades have become increasingly frequent (even daily) and the changes were not always recognizable (May say quasi). Besides releasing frequent updates to the activation update the plugin interfered with the administrative interface blog asking the new saving settings (as if there were new). Version version often there was the slightest change, the only one I can remember is the appearance of the link to the site Shareaholic under the icons sharing, passed by them as “one more service“.

In fact I think they did a very precise marketing choice, but I do not agree. All this indirect advertising, have appeared since the notifications has done nothing but disturb, so I folded up foxyBookmarks.

Instead of Shareaholic, foxyBookmarks binder brunette una direct personalization Icon Settings input directly via CSS. The administrative interface is essential, It allows positioning above or below the article, directly interfaces with different url shortening services, allows it to be shown in the feed or be hidden. The only drawback to foxyBookmarks is the small list of sharing services. While Shareaholic has dozens of icons, foxyBookmarks ne ha twenty. In all cases among the twenty icons there are the main services: Facebook, Twitter, Digg, Stumble, Delicious, etc.. Instead of Shareaholic, foxyBookmarks is non-invasive and not advertises with each update.

Not enough?

TheJoe

I keep this blog as a hobby by 2009. I am passionate about graphic, technology, software Open Source. Among my articles will be easy to find music, and some personal thoughts, but I prefer the direct line of the blog mainly to technology. For more information contact me.

12 Comments

Framework · 23 December 2017 at 2:08 PM

Hello, so che il post è vecchio. Ho installato shareaholic sul mio neonato Blog. Sono neofita, ma ho competenze informatiche. Ispezionando il codice, mi sembra invasivo e troppi script verso siti esterni. Mi chiedevo le alternative ? FoxyBookmarks sembra defunto. Avete idee in merito ?
Framework

TheJoe · 25 December 2017 at 4:54 PM

Ciao Marco,
    da qualche anno sto valutando anche io l’abbandono di shareaholic. Attualmente sto usando il loro servizio solo perché foxyBookmarks non era più sviluppato. Di recente ho installato sul sito di un cliente l’estensioneaddthis”. La reputo un’alternativa valida.
    And’ molto semplice e la configurazione pulita e veloce. Inoltre non si appoggia a servizi esterni (come invece fa shareaholic).
    Fammi sapere!

Tommaso · 2 August 2015 at 3:23 PM

Hello to all.
Vorrei semplicemente portare il mio contributo a questa discussione con la mia esperienza con Shareaholic.
L’ho installato, provato e mi è piaciuto sin da subito, nel momento in cui stavo riproggettando il mio sito.
Peccato però che dopo qualche giorno ha fatto entrare una marea di pubblicità attraverso finestre che si aprono all’improvviso.
Ho quindi disattivato la funzione ads, ma le finestre continuavano ad apparire.
L’disinstallato del tutto e le finestre continuano ad apparire.
Deve esserci qualche pezzetto di codice JS annidato da qualche parte nel sito che Shareaholic installa per consentire la visualizzazione delle finestre pubblicitarie per il programma di guadagni integrato nel plugin (related content) and that even with the deactivation or distillation Shareaholic is not removed, even with several antivirus scanning that can not even identify the script.
I'm going crazy and in under a month's planned launch of the site.
Then, in conclusion, for me is a plugin from -100000 little stars.
To throw at sea and stay away from the plague.
Congratulations to the developers!

Luca · 2 May 2014 at 10:03 AM

I Shareaholic is making me quite angry to change the image Sharing is caring, in the guides I wrote to modify the css file but Shareaholic has more than one and none of this contains the image url.
It will be a joke but this thing has sent me into a beast so that the gate. That's what it means to make a plugin or anything more user friendly

Giovanni Mauri · 2 May 2014 at 3:39 PM

What is the site in question?

Luca · 3 May 2014 at 9:35 PM

I eventually solved and I added a custom image in Italian and. But this is a continuous Shareaholic disappointment. When I went to see the performance that I was shocked coast. A plugin that makes use of the kind which is double the loading of the site…

Giovanni Mauri · 4 May 2014 at 9:30 PM

Well, better that way then.. if the image is in Italian graphic part of a blog in Italian it all worked out for the better.
      I understand, however, that you continue to use it…

Luca · 4 May 2014 at 9:46 PM

I uninstalled because doubling the loading time is a real blow.
      Now I have to arrange to put small icone.png with links for sharing

TheJoe · 13 May 2012 at 2:44 PM

Unless in your site there is no conflict between CSS rules everything should work.

Mimmo · 9 May 2012 at 5:12 AM

Hello to all, I would like to comment on the fact that the installed Shareaholic 100 times on wordpress, and you do not even see the immaginette, I found many versions, nothing! once worked to, then no more ', while foxybookmarks works can be seen in the pages, maybe someone could explain why I do not work Shareaholic?

TheJoe · 6 November 2011 at 1:30 PM

I'm glad you're happy with Shareaholic… but the point is not whether or not the concrete visibility of changes, simply do not understand why every time there is a change of version, or any minor update I for strength confirm the settings that I had already confirmed the last time. And since updates are released every day, every day I should reconfirm what I have confirmed once (with all that in every update there would be a backup of the database to do).
I'd understand if there was a new feature, also lower, but most of the time there is nothing, only code optimization.
What then is more advanced than FoxyBookmarks not doubt it, but between the two I choose certainly FoxyBookmarks. It will be updated less, but at least I do not have to make up every time, it is only a matter of time (and apparently does not do a worse job of Shareaholic).

Reyboz Blog · 6 November 2011 at 11:57 AM

Honestly, I would not have done all these problems! 🙂
I think if there are frequent updates to plugins is only a symbol that someone is working behind… Of course I, a powder’ on the side of all the software geeks, would make no difference whether or not detect differences between an upgrade and the other two, because I know that 80% of the plugin is mainly in the form of code… Then if I really want to see the change after all these updates (just not actually fall under the impression that it is only a way to give attention… something totally wrong, we agree) just compare the old package and the new “Editor Plugin for WordPress” (I can not stand much…) or via FTP: you will notice every time improvements, cuts code, folder moves, improvements in performance, savings on queries to the database or disk space, coupon codes jQuery, CSS unnecessary, Non-standard HTML… etc. etc.…
Then that behind all this work, the owner of the plugin you're advertising inside the panel, even this can be considered a large disturbance… the important thing is do not do it by inserting backlink or toobar to install the same package on every page Shareaholic external site! This would really point to the…STOP! Next one!
FoxyBookmarks seems to me only a copiuccia… that's all… although in fact there is no one to be able to say that it is actually born before!
Io mantengo Shareaholic 😉