More than a month after the item back to talk about WordPress (the well-known CMS voted to blog), this time how to integrate it with phpBB (the well-known manager of community, the forum manager). Today is just an informative article, unfortunately I have not had time to test the operation, simplicity and reliability of the package. For now I just segnarlarne existence.
Recently I stumbled upon WP-United, a mod for phpBB3 that combines and integrates a blog WordPress and a forum phpBB. As far as I hear from user manual seems very easy to install, neither more nor less than a simple mod for phpBB. The installation is carried out in five easy steps:
- Installing WordPress: is sought installation directory ie WordPress,
- Integration of log: Asks if you want to integrate the login phpBB and WordPress, and shows various options for the association,
- Graphic integration and behaviors: Asks if you want to integrate the template, with various options. And’ not also use In WordPress phpBB graphics or vice versa,
- Settings blogger: Asks if you want to give users of the forum the possibility of “build” One blog. If you decided not to integrate the login this step is not displayed.
- Connections: This step activates WP-United installing a plugin in WordPress and setting various options of WordPress so it will work with phpBB.
- Fine: This last step is a final confirmation. If you are here it means that everything went as planned. Now you can click on the button “donate” and make a donation. They are good too few dollars.
Apparently the installation is more than automatic, and should be painlessly. For now I will just mention the existence, but in the coming days I will have a little’ Time to test the effective functioning. Will I write a full review.